Saturday, August 18, 2007

Furniture

Our new settle arrived the other day. A local craftsman made it for us. We are waiting for the matching chair and foot rest to be completed. It looks really, really nice in our living room. Also, we painted the living room a while back. It's a color called "Mocha". Its a nice, warm, brown and it really makes the living room super cozy. I love how different it looks. Before the living room was a pinkish-mauve color. Yuck. That said, you can kinda see the new paint in these photos.

Photos

Settle

Settle

Beautiful cherry wood:
Settle

Settle

4 comments:

Nathan said...

Wow, I really like it! I also like your fireplace; awesome!

If you're thinking of taking up carpet, do yourself a favor and cut it into strips with a utility knife so it's easier to take out of the house. Yeah, learned that one the hard way!

The Litter Box House said...

Hi there. Great colors! Now here's a question: do you plan on stripping all that wood in your house? I'm sure it would look amazing, but man, what a chore!

Andrea

The Litter Box House said...

Now that I've read the rest of your site, I know you plan to strip it. Good luck girl!

Our Little Bungalow said...

Very nice. We had that color in our last home. We plan to have it here, once we strip all the wall paper off. At least in some room. I like the earthy warm colors. Right now however my energies have been re-directed in the basement. :-)